Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. The name of which Bulgarian peak means "Closer to God"?
A. Cherni Vrah, in the Vitosha
B. Musala, in the Rila
C. Vihren, in the Pirin
2. Sts Cyril and Methodius, the creators of the first Slavic alphabet, were…
B. Father and son
C. Uncle and nephew
3. Yellow cheese in Bulgaria is called…
4. The longest river running entirely on Bulgaria's territory is...
A. The Maritsa
B. The Iskar
C. The Tundzha
5. Where is the Roman city of Nicopolis ad Istrum?
A. Near Veliko Tarnovo
B. Near Sofia
C. Near Plovdiv
6. Who celebrates on 8th of March?
7. The Bulgarian national flag is white, green and…
8. The name of which Bulgarian winter resort means "fir forest"?
9. The biggest city on the Bulgarian Black Sea is...
The correct answers to the questions:
1 . – B; 2. – A; 3. – C; 4. – B; 5. - A; 6. – A; 7. – B; 8. – B; 9. – C.