Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1. How many members of the European Parliament will Bulgaria have after the 7 June election?
2. What pet does Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev have?
A. A parrot
B. A cat
C. Two dogs
3. What will French architect Dominique Perrault design, after winning a competition run by the Bulgarian government?
A. A new government complex in Sofia
B. A new hotel complex on the Black Sea coast
C. A museum of modern art
4. Zornitsa Sophia's latest movie Forecast tells the story of…
5. What do Bulgarians mark on 2 June?
A. The death of poet and revolutionary Hristo Botev in 1876
B. Father's Day
C. The beginning of summer
6. When will the Bulgarian general election be held?
A. On 7 June
B. On 5 July
C. On 7 July
7. Which of Sofia's districts does the newly opened extension of the underground link with the city centre?
8. Who is the Bulgarians' favourite literary character according to the online poll conducted by a large Bulgarian bank?
B. The Little Prince
C. Tom Sawyer
9. How many goals has Dimitar Berbatov scored with Manchester United this season?
The correct answers:
1. C; 2. C; 3. A; 4. C; 5. A; 6. B; 7. B; 8. B; 9. C