THE FAMOUS SMILYANSKI BEANS COME FROM...
Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1. How many Bulgarians would swap their partner for a new mobile phone, according to a recent survey?
A. 5 percent
B. 14 percent
C. 35 percent
2. Which Bulgarian footballer was made an honorary doctor of the Plovdiv University?
A. Hristo Stoytchkov
B. Dimitar Berbatov
C. Martin Petrov
3. Which Bulgarian minority celebrates St Basil's Day, 1 January, as its biggest holiday?
A. The Roma
B. The Turks
C. The Gagauz
4. The 17.6-kilometre Duhlata cave is the longest in Bulgaria and is situated...
A. Near Kardzhali
B. Near Ruse
C. Near Pernik
5. The first capital of Bulgaria in 681 was...
6. In the 2011 Transparency International survey of corruption Bulgaria holds which place among the EU-countries?
7. The famous Smilyanski Beans come from...
A. Stara Planina
B. The Rhodope
8. There are two paleontological museums in Bulgaria - in Sofia and in...
9. How many local grape varieties are there in Bulgaria?
The correct answers:
1. - B; 2. - A; 3. - A; 4. - C; 5. - A; 6. - C; 7. - B; 8. - C; 9. - B.
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg