BULGARIA'S MONTHLY QUIZ
Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1. Irina Bokova, Bulgarian ambassador to France, was elected
A. NATO Secretary General
B. Director General of UNESCO
C. This country's permanent representative to the United Nations
2. What is the name of the minister of defence in Boyko Borisov's government?
A. Rosen Plevneliev
B. Traycho Traykov
C. Nikolay Mladenov
3. Where is Belene?
A. On the Danube
B. On the Black Sea coast
C. Near Sofia
4. Where does Bulgaria rank among the 180 countries in the 2009 corruption index of Transparency International?
5. The most viewed TV series on two of the national channels are
6. What is the retirement age in Bulgaria at present?
A. 60 years for men and women
B. 60 years for women and 63 years for men
C. 63 years for men and women
7. St Petka, whose day in Bulgaria is marked on 14 October, is the patron saint of
8. 15 Bulgarians drowned when a boat sank in Lake Ohrid in the Republic of Macedonia. They were on board as
B. scuba divers
C. wedding guests
9. Where did the Bulgarian men's national volleyball team finish at the European Championship in Turkey in September?
The correct answers
1. B; 2. C; 3. A; 4. B; 5. C; 6. B; 7. C; 8. A; 9. B
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg