Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Which Bulgarian city was founded by Greek colonists thousands of years ago?
2. Which Bulgarian river has a native sturgeon population?
A. The Iskar
B. The Maritsa
C. The Danube
3. Which Bulgarian poet became the namesake of a football team?
A. Hristo Botev
B. Peyo Yavorov
C. Ivan Vazov
4. What is not a typical stuffing for Banitsa?
B. White cheese
5. In Bulgaria, the white water lily is…
A. Critically endangered species
B. Species not in danger of extinction
C. Extinct species
6. Under Communism, which cars were assembled in Bulgaria?
7. What part of Bulgaria's GDP is produced in Sofia?
A. About 40 percent
B. About 30 percent
C. About 20 percent
8. Where is the Devil's Bridge?
A. In the Rhodope
B. On Trakiya motorway
C. In central Plovdiv
9. Which city does not have mineral springs?
The correct answers:
1. – B; 2. – C; 3. – A; 4. – C; 5. – A; 6. – B; 7. – A; 8. – A; 9. – B