WHICH PART OF THE COUNTRY IS REFERRED TO AS 'THE GRANARY OF BULGARIA'?
Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1.How many of the 15 members of the Orthodox Holy Synod were revealed as agents for the Communist-era State Security?
2. What did Yuliyana, the wife of President Rosen Plevneliev, wear at his inauguration ceremony?
A. Skirt by a Bulgarian designer
B. Business suit
C. She didn't attend
3, Who is considered the Patriarch of Bulgarian Literature?
A. Ivan Vazov
B. Hristo Botev
C. Nikola Vaptsarov
4. Which part of the country is referred to as "The Granary of Bulgaria"?
A. The Upper Thracian Valley
B. The Dobrudzha
C. The Danube Valley
5. The oldest gold treasure in the world was discovered near...
B. Stara Zagora
6. The first Bulgarian Constitution was adopted in 1879 in...
7. What is kapama?
A. A hearty stew of meat, sausages and mince
B. An egg-based dish typical for the Panagyurishte region
C. A honey dessert
8. Bulgarians celebrate 8 March as the Day of...
9. In 2011 the level of media freedom in Bulgaria, according to Reporters Without Frontiers...
A. Remained the same as it was in 2010
C. Decreased significantly.
The correct answers:
1. - B; 2. - C; 3. - A; 4. - B; 5. - A; 6. - C; 7. - A; 8. - B; 9. - C.
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg