WHICH OF THESE HAS NOT BEEN RECOGNISED AS UNESCO NON-MATERIAL HERITAGE?
Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Women bearing which name celebrate their name day on 15 August, the Dormition of the Mother of God?
2. In late summer and early autumn Bulgarians start grilling...
C. Red peppers
3. Which of these is not a cape in the Black Sea?
4. Which was Bulgaria's first capital?
5. Where is the Baba Vida Fortress?
A. In the Stara Planina
B. On the Black Sea
C. On the Danube
6. Which of these has not been recognised as UNESCO non-material heritage?
A. Nestinari firewalking
B. Chalga music
C. Bistritsa Grannies folk singing
7. Between 1946 and 1990 Bulgaria's official name was...
A. People's Republic of Bulgaria
B. Republic of Bulgaria
C. Kingdom of Bulgaria
8. The Bulgarian lev is tied to which currency?
A. The USD
B. The euro
C. The Deutsche mark
9. Where in Bulgaria can you do birdwatching?
A. The Borisova Garden, Sofia
B. Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant
C. The Madzharovo Reserve in the Rhodope
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – A; 2. – C; 3. – B; 4. – B; 5. – C; 6. – B; 7. – A; 8. – B; 9. – C.
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg