In the light of the epidemic situation connected to the spread of COVID-19, Modis Bulgaria donated high-quality reusable face masks to 13 hospitals, NGOs and healthcare institutions. The protection materials were delivered just few days before the World Health Day on 7 April.
Modis donated 8,300 face masks manufactured by a local sewing company. The protection materials were distributed to Aleksandrovska University Hospital, Prof. Dr. Ivan Mitev Children's Hospital, Sheynovo Second Maternity Hospital, Kanev Hospital in Ruse, the Bulgarian Red Cross, regional directorates in Sofia and Plovdiv and several NGOs taking care of children or the elderly.
"These are hard time for all of us, but we will overcome this global pandemic together. We put our colleagues' health and wellbeing at the center of our approach and that is one of the reasons we decided to support the medical staff in Bulgaria. I am extremely happy that even in such challenging times we were able to support both the small local business and the people who are out there helping our children, parents and grandparents," shared Philippe Rouvrais, Head of Modis Delivery, Pre-Sales and Technology Solutions, Europe and General Manager of Modis Bulgaria.
Modis Bulgaria will continue to monitor the situation closely and act in everyone's interest.
Here is the list of Modis Bulgaria donation recipients:
- Aleksandrovska University Hospital, Children's Unit
- Prof. Dr. Ivan Mitev Children's Hospital, Neonatology Unit
- Sheynovo Second Maternity Hospital, Neonatology Unot
- Kanev Hospital, Ruse
- Bulgarian Red Cross
- Home Social Patronage at Sofia Municipality
- Social Assistance Directorate Sofia
- Social Activities Directorate at Sofia Municipality
- Social Activities Directorate at Plovdiv Municipality
- Social Assistance Directorate Plovdiv
- For Our Children Foundation – Sofia and Plovdiv
- Karitas Sofia
Worker at For Our Children Foundation protected with a mask from Modis Bulgaria's donation