Thanks to the 24-hour monitoring of 20 electronic media all year round, the artists and producers' association PROPHON and Australian technological company New Media Lab were able to track down the most popular songs played over the Bulgarian media for 2012.
The summer hit "Dim Da Me Nyama" by Grafa & Bobo ft. Pechenkata comes at number one – and makes history as the first Bulgarian song to top the chart.
Brazilian singer Michel Telo holds number two with his song "Ai Se Eu Te Pego", and FloRida's hit "Whistle" rounds off the first three spots.
The compilers of the chart mark an upsurge in the airplay time of Bulgarian music as compared to 2011.Two songs are present in the top 10, while the complete top 100 contains 11 Bulgarian songs in total.
Top 10 Airplay 2012
1. "Dim Da Me Nyama" by Grafa & Bobo ft. Pechenkata
2. "Ai Se Eu Te Pego" by Michel Telo
3. "Whistle" by FloRida
4. "Dead Man Walking" by Smiley
5. "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye
6. "I Ti Ne Mojesh Da Me Spresh" by Divna, Miro and Krisko
7. "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen
8. "Turn Me On" by David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj
9. "Friends" by Aura Dione feat. Rock Mafia
10. "Breathing" by Jason Derulo