Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. In August, Bulgarians traditionally...
A. Roast pumpkin
B. Roast lamb
C. Roast peppers
2. Bachkovo Monastery is in which mountain?
A. The Strandzha
B. The Rhodope
C. The Stara Planina
3. On which day do Bulgarians believe that the sea changes and kills people?
A. 6 August, Transfiguration
B. 8 August, St Emilian Confessor
C. 15 August, Dormition of the Mother of God
4. On 11 August 1877, Bulgarians and Russians fought the Ottomans at...
A. Stara Zagora
C. Shipka Pass
5. Under Communism, Bulgaria manufactured cars of which brand?
6. Which Bulgarian town enjoys Mediterranean climate?
B. Gorna Oryahovitsa
7. How many MPs make the Bulgarian Parliament?
8. Who is called the Patriarch of Bulgarian literature?
A. Georgi Gospodinov
B. Evtimiy of Tarnovo
C. Ivan Vazov
9. Where is UNESCO-listed Srebarna Lake?
A. By the Danube
B. In the Rila
C. On the Black Sea
The correct answers:
1. – C; 2. – B; 3. – A; 4. – C; 5. – A; 6. – C; 7. – A; 8. – C; 9. – A.