Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. The Via Pontica bird migratory route goes over which part of Bulgaria?
A. The Thracian Plain
B. The Struma Valley
C. The Black Sea coast
2. The ayran beverage is made of…
A. Fermented grapes
B. Fermented cabbage
C. Fermented milk
3. Who is the only politician on the Bulgarian leva bills?
A. Todor Zhivkov
B. Stefan Stambolov
C. Boyko Borisov
4. In 1885-1886 Bulgaria fought a war against…
5. The Varna Archaeology Museum exhibits the world's oldest…
A. Gold treasure
C. Homo sapiens
6. Bulgaria's biggest monastery is in which mountain?
A. The Rila
B. The Rhodope
C. The Stara Planina
7. Entrepreneur Vlad Tenev is Bulgaria's first…
A. Oscar winner
B. Forbes billionaire
C. Space tourist
8. Bulgarians celebrate the creation of their alphabet on…
A. 1 May
B. 6 May
C. 24 May
9. Which is not a Bulgarian political party?
A. Stand Up! Mafia Out!
B. Let's All Be Friends!
C. There Is Such а People
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – C; 2. – C; 3. – B; 4. – B; 5. – A; 6. – A; 7. – B; 8. – C; 9. – B