BULGARIANS PUT ON THEIR MARTENITSAS ON...
Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Which company will use a design by a Bulgarian kid for its latest toy?
2. Bulgarians put on their Martenitsas on...
A. 29 February
B. 1 March
C. When they see the first stork
3. The name of which Bulgarian mountain is of ancient Thracian origin?
A. The Stara Planina
B. The Rhodope
C. The Pirin
4. How many of the 700 species of spiders living in Bulgaria are poisonous to humans?
5. What animals are depicted on the Madara Rider relief?
A. A snake and a boar
B. A dragon and a dog
C. A dog and a lion
6. Who are the Bogomils?
A. Bulgarian mediaeval heretics
C. Agents of the Communist State Security
7. The Bulgarian capital before the Ottoman invasion was...
8. Which ingredient is a must in savoury Banitsa?
A. White cheese
B. Yellow cheese
C. Minced meat
9. Bulgarian tennis star Grigor Dimitrov was born in...
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – A; 2. – B; 3. – B; 4. – A; 5. – C; 6. – A; 7. – C; 8. – A; 9. – B.
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg