1. Sofia is located near which mountain?
A. The Rila
B. The Vitosha
C. The Pirin
2. What is not a traditional autumn food in Bulgaria?
A. Baked pumpkin
B. Baked chestnuts
C. Roasted lamb
3. Which writer is considered "The Patriarch" of Bulgarian literature?
A. Ivan Vazov
B. Hristo Botev
C. Elin Pelin
4. The Bulgarian currency, the lev is named after which animal?
5. Which Bulgarian city is famed for its early 20th century architecture?
6. Which mythological figure is supposed to have lived in modern Bulgaria?
7. Who is the head of state in Bulgaria?
A. The prime minister
B. The speaker of parliament
C. The president
8. Communism in Bulgaria collapsed in 1989 on…
A. 10 November
B. 11 December
C. 9 September
9. Where is Bulgaria’s only working nuclear power station?
A. In the Rhodope
B. On the Maritsa
C. On the Danube
The correct answers:
1. – B; 2. – C; 3. – A; 4. – A; 5. – C; 6. – B; 7. – C; 8. – A; 9. – C.