1. Where is Bulgaria in terms of social inequality within the EU, according to the National Statistical Institute?
2. In Bulgaria, who celebrates on 6 December, the Feast of St Nicholas?
3. What is Bulgaria's area?
A. 222,000 sq.km
B. 111,000 sq.km
C. 178,000 sq.km
4. Which Bulgarian mountain is the remains of a volcano?
A. The Sakar
B. The Vitosha
C. The Kozhuh
5. Which Bulgarian city was built from scratch under Communism?
B. Veliko Tarnovo
6. The lowest temperature in Bulgaria was recorded in which town?
7. Which Bulgarians are called Shopi?
A. The people from the Thracian Plain
B. The people from the Sofia Plain
C. The people from the Danubian Plain
8. Which organism is named after Bulgaria?
A. European owl
B. European lion
C. Yoghurt bacteria In which movie does
9. Tom Hanks speak Bulgarian?
A. Cast Away
B. Road to Perdition
C. The Terminal
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – C; 2. – A; 3. – B; 4. – C; 5. – A; 6. – B; 7. – B; 8. – C; 9. – C.