1. Which is Bulgaria's oldest functioning church?
A. The Boyana Church
B. St Demetrius Cathedral, Vidin
C. St Sophia Church, Sofia
2. The Nestinari firewalking takes place on 3 June, in...
A. Balgari village in the Strandzha
B. The centre of Sunny Beach
C. In front of Parliament
3. Which city doesn't have remains of a fortress?
4. What are the main ingredients for Tarator cold soup?
A. Tomatoes, cucumbers, white cheese
B. Yoghurt, cucumbers, walnuts
C. Red peppers, aubergines, garlic
5. Where in Bulgaria is there a museum for Asian and African art?
A. In Tryavna
B. In Varna
C. In Plovdiv
6. The first beer brewery in Bulgaria was opened in 1882 by a...
7. Which religious leader visited Bulgaria this May?
A. Dalai Lama
B. Pope Francis
C. Patriarch Bartholomew I
8. Bulgaria is a world leader in the production of...
A. Olive oil
B. Palm oil
C. Rose oil
9. Bears live in which two Bulgarian mountains?
A. The Sredna Gora and the Pirin
B. The Rhodope and the Stara Planina
C. The Rila and the Sakar
The correct answers:
1. – C; 2. – A; 3. – C; 4. – B; 5. – A; 6. – C; 7. – B; 8. – C; 9. – B.