Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1. What is Sofia Municipality planning to do with the ancient ruins discovered in the city centre during the metro's construction?
A. Sell them at auction to fund street repairs
B. Exhibit them in situ
C. Get rid of them
2. The viewers of Bulgaria's 20th Century seminal events TV campaign chose...
A. The 9 September 1944 Communist coup
B. The building of the town of Dimitrovgrad by Communist "volunteers" in the late 1940s
C. The international success of opera singers such as Nicola Ghiuselev, Nicolai Ghiaurov and Raina Kabaivanska
3. Which singer or band isn't planning a concert in Sofia this summer?
C. Bob Dylan
4. Besides being a footballer, Berbatov is now also…
A. The "face" of Versace
B. A blogger
C. A pop singer
5. The official faces of the Earth hour 2010 in Bulgaria were the Minister of Economy Traycho Traykov and…
A. British Ambassador Steve Williams
B. Prime Minister Boyko Borisov
C. President Georgi Parvanov
6. How long is the Bulgarian Black Sea coast?
A. 457 km
B. 234 km
C. 354 km
7. In Bulgaria, St George is the patron saint of the army and of…
C. Medical workers
8. What percentage of the high-ranking positions in the Interior Ministry is occupied by former agents of the Communist State Security?
A. 40 percent
B. 15 percent
C. 0 percent
9. Which singer will represent Bulgaria at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 at the end of May?
C. Slavi Trifonov
The correct answers
1. A; 2. C; 3. A; 4. B; 5. A; 6. C; 7. B; 8. A; 9. B