Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Bulgaria's Black Sea coast has a length of ...
A. 378 km
B. 111,000 km
C. 681 km
2. Which Bulgarian rite has been listed as UNESCO intangible heritage?
A. Kukeri dances
B. Nestinari dances
C. Bulgarian proms
3. What is the second colour in Bulgaria's flag?
4. If you want to visit Romania, you pass through...
5. Where can you see a 19th century covered bridge?
6. Bulgarians call which Hollywood star the "Bulgarian son-in-law" because his wife, born Margarita Ibrahimoff, is of Bulgarian origin?
A. Tom Cruise
B. Tom Hiddleston
C. Tom Hanks
7. Mavrud is a typical Bulgarian...?
8. Who is Bulgaria's patron saint?
A. St Ivan of Rila
B. St Dimitar
C. St George
9. Bulgaria is the EU's second largest producer of...
B. Sunflower oil
The correct answers:
1. – A; 2. – B; 3. – B; 4. – B; 5. – A; 6. – C; 7. – A; 8. – A; 9. – B.