BULGARIANS CELEBRATE PALM SUNDAY CARRYING WHAT PLANT?
Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Only one of Bulgaria's borders is with a single country. Which one?
A. The southern
B. The western
C. The northern
2. Where can you see a genuine medieval fortress?
A. Cherven, near Ruse
C. Tsari Mali Grad, near Sofia
3. The emblematic Bulgarian street food is...
A. Kepabcheta, bread, beer
B. Fresh croissants, jam, coffee
C. Burger, fries, craft beer
4. Which motorways will take you from Sofia to Istanbul?
A. Trakiya and Hemus
B. Trakiya and Maritsa
C. Trakiya and Struma
5. Which town was named after Bulgaria's first Stalinist dictator?
B. Gotse Delchev
6. Bulgarians celebrate Palm Sunday carrying what plant?
C. Willow twigs
7. In 1912-1913, Bulgaria fought which war?
A. The First Balkan
B. The Second Balkan
C. The First World War
8. Which fish lives in the Black Sea?
9. Between 1879 and 1944 Bulgaria was...
A. A people's republic
B. A parliamentary republic
C. A monarchy
The correct answers:
1. – C; 2. – A; 3. – A; 4. – B; 5. – A; 6. – C; 7. – A; 8. – C; 9. – C.
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg