Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Which region in this country is popularly referred to as Bulgaria's Granary?
B. The Black Sea coast
C. Sofia Plain
2. Which Bulgarian mountain is famed for its seven lakes?
A. The Stara Planina
B. The Rila
C. The Pirin
3. Where is the Petrified Wedding nature phenomenon?
A. In the Rhodope
B. By Plovdiv
C. At the River Danube
4. Which is the ultimate seafood dish at the Bulgarian Black Sea?
A. Fried sprat
B. Grilled octopus
C. Squid soup
5. By religion, Bulgarians are predominantly...
A. East Orthodox
6. Which of these towns has not been a Bulgarian capital?
7. Which Bulgarian city is located at three national borders?
8. Who was the last medieval Bulgarian king?
A. Simeon the Great
B. Boris III
C. Ivan Shishman
9. The name of Bulgaria's highest peak, Musala, is in fact Ottoman Turkish and means...
A. Closer to God
B. Closer to love
C. Closer to heaven
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – A; 2. – B; 3. – A; 4. – A; 5. – A; 6. – C; 7. – C; 8. – C; 9. – A.