BEFORE REPLACING RUMYANA JELEVA AS THE BULGARIAN EU COMMISSIONER-DESIGNATE, KRISTALINA GEORGIEVA WAS...
Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1. Before replacing Rumyana Jeleva as the Bulgarian EU commissioner-designate, Kristalina Georgieva was:
A. Mayor of Sofia
B. Vice president of the World Bank
C. Minister of education in Boyko Borisov's government
2. The longest river that flows entirely in Bulgarian territory is:
A. The Iskar
B. The Kamchiya
C. The Yantra
3. Which of Bulgaria's borders was blocked for weeks by protesting farmers?
A. The border with Greece
B. The border with Serbia
C. The border with Turkey
4. The Bulgarian participants in the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver will compete in the following events: short track speed skating, snowboarding, cross country skiing, biathlon, luge and…
A. Ice hockey
B. Figure skating
C. Alpine skiing
5. Which Bulgarian film made it to the Foreign Language Oscar shortlist?
B. World Is Big and Salvation Lurks Around the Corner
C. Mila From Mars
6. Who are "The Impudent"?
A. A new up-and-coming Bulgarian rock band
B. A nickname that Prime Minister Boyko Borisov used to refer to the former Bulgarian Socialist Party government
C. A high-profile Bulgarian kidnapping gang busted by the police
7. In the morning, Bulgarians often breakfast on banichka and…
A. Boza, or millet ale
B. 100 ml of rakiya
C. A glass of red wine
8. On the Annunciation, 25 March, Bulgarians used to leap over bonfires and bang on empty pots and tins to…
A. Call back the swallows from the warmer countries
B. Keep warm
C. Frighten away snakes
9. Vasil Levski, a national liberation fighter, was hanged by the Ottoman authorities on 18 February 1873 on the outskirts of…
The correct answers
1. B; 2. A; 3. A; 4. C; 5. B; 6. C; 7. A; 8. C; 9. A
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg