Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Where is Sozopol?
A. On the southern Black Sea coast
B. On the northern Black Sea coast
C. In the Stara Planina
2. The salad known in Bulgaria as Ruska, or Russian, contains...
3. Which Bulgarian ruler proclaimed Christianity the official state religion?
A. Prince Boris I
B. Khan Krum
C. King Simeon the Great
4. White wine is made of which of these Bulgarian grape varieties?
5. The city of Montana is named after...
A. A local Communist guerrilla fighter
B. The US state of Montana
C. A Roman town that existed in its location
6. Bulgaria is a member of...
A. The EU
B. The Schengen area
7. Which part of Bulgaria is among the best places in Europe for vulture watching?
A. Blagoevgrad area
B. Srebarna Lake
C. The Eastern Rhodope
8. Which of these is an UNESCO World Heritage site?
A. The St Sofia Church
B. The Boyana Church
C. The Bachkovo Monastery
9. Where in Bulgaria is the climate Alpine?
A. In the Danubian Plain
B. In the Southwest
C. In the high mountains
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – A; 2. – C; 3. – A; 4. – B; 5. – C; 6. – A; 7. – C; 8. – B; 9. – C.