Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Bulgarians are traditionally good at...?
B. Long-distance running
2. In autumn, Bulgarians usually eat pumpkin...
A. In cheesecake
B. As soup
3. Which city was the Bulgarian capital between 1185 and 1393?
B. Veliko Tarnovo
C. Veliki Preslav
4. Which ancient nation that lived in Bulgarian lands is famed for its gold treasures?
A. The Thracians
B. The Goths
C. The Celts
5. Which town is a centre of traditional carpet weaving?
C. Nova Zagora
6. Which river defines Bulgaria's northern border?
A. The Iskar
B. The Maritsa
C. The Danube
7. Which mountain has a trek that runs along its ridge?
A. The Stara Planina
B. The Sakar
C. The Rhodope
8. Under Communism, Bulgaria's official name was...
A. Republic of Bulgaria
B. Kingdom of Bulgaria
C. People's Republic of Bulgaria
9. Boyana Church is a UNESCO site because of its...
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – A; 2. – C; 3. – B; 4. – A; 5. – B; 6. – C; 7. – A; 8. – C; 9. – B.
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg