Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to double-check
1. When do Bulgarians put on their martenitsa?
A. On 8 March
B. On 3 March
C. On 1 March
2. The name of which Bulgarian prime minister doesn’t derive from Istanbul?
A. Stefan Stambolov
B. Aleksandar Stamboliyski
C. Konstantin Stoilov
3. Where in Bulgaria you can see prehistoric cave art?
A. In Magurata Cave
B. In the Devetashka Cave
C. In the Devil’s Throat Cave
4. Which Bulgarian city is famed for its dried ham?
5. Where is the Museum of Bulgarian Railways?
A. In Sofia
B. In Ruse
C. In Varna
6. Which Bulgarian sea resort is also a part of a nature park?
A. Golden Sands
C. Sunny Beach
7. Which major Bulgarian political party started to split in January?
8. Which town was the centre of Bulgarian IT industry under Communism?
9. Which Sofia neighbourhood is deemed prestigious?
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – A; 2. – C; 3. – A; 4. – B; 5. – B; 6. – A; 7. – A; 8. – C; 9. – A.