Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Bulgaria celebrates its liberation from the Ottomans on...
A. 1 March
B. 3 March
C. 8 March
2. Who is Bulgaria's commander-in-chief?
A. The president
B. The prime minister
C. The defence minister
3. Bulgaria has how many UNESCO World Heritage sites?
4. The world's largest outdoor statue of the Virgin Mary is in...
5. When will be the next general election?
A. 1 April
B. 2 April
C. 20 April
6. Where is the Rozhen National Astronomical Observatory?
A. On Cape Emine
B. In Sofia
C. In the Rhodope
7. Which mountain is at a Bulgarian border?
A. The Rila
B. The Vitosha
C. The Strandzha
8. The Bulgarian lev is tied to which currency?
A. The US dollar
B. The euro
C. The ruble
9. For wine tasting, you go to...
The correct answers:
1. – B; 2. – A; 3. – C; 4. – A; 5. – B; 6. – C; 7. – C; 8. – B; 9. – A.