Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1. The shooting of The Expendables 2, a sequel to the critically acclaimed movie of 2010, brought to Bulgaria...
A. Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger
B. Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci
C. Keanu Reeves and Diane Keaton
2. Which Bulgarian ruler made a golden cup of a defeated enemy's severed head?
A. King Simeon the Great
B. King Kaloyan
C. Khan Krum
3. On which mountain range does the oldest tree in Bulgaria, Baykusheva Mura (a white fir tree), grow?
A. The Stara Planina
B. The Pirin
C. The Rila
4. How many EU citizens living in Bulgaria stood as candidates in the local elections?
5. The motto of the capital Sofia is "Grows but doesn't...
B. Get any better
6. Which Bulgarian TV series is about the life of a Briton in a Bulgarian village?
A. Staklen Dom, or Home of Glass, on bTV
B. Angliyskiyat Sased, or The English Neighbour, on BNT
C. Zabranena Lyubov, or Forbidden Love, on Nova TV
7. Where is the biggest mosque in Bulgaria?
8. Boyko Borisov advised EU countries with deficits higher than 3 percent to...
A. Reduce wages and pensions to Bulgarian levels
B. Leave the EU
C. Increase taxes
9. A global survey on downloading speeds ranked Bulgaria...
A. Third in the world
B. First in the world
C. Somewhere at the end of the list
The correct answers: 1. A; 2. C; 3. B; 4. C; 5. A; 6. B; 7. B; 8. A; 9. A.