Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Which celebrity is the girlfriend of Bulgarian tennis star Grigor Dimitrov?
A. Megan Fox
B. Maria Sharapova
C. Scarlett Johansson
2. Which Bulgarian city is famed for its cherries?
3. The Bulgarian fairy tale character, Mara with the Gold Slipper, is the analogue to...
A. Snow White
B. Sleeping Beauty
4. At the turn of the 20th Century, which Bulgarian city was called Little Vienna?
5. In Bulgarian restaurants chips are usually served with...
A. Grated white cheese
C. Slices of ham
6. Which Bulgarian king banned wine?
A. Ivan Asen
B. Simeon the Great
C. Krum the Terrible
7. Mavrud is a grape variety typical for which Bulgarian region?
C. The Sakar Mountain
8. What is a mutra?
A. The type of mask worn by the June 2013 protesters
B. A person who eats sunflower seeds
C. A post-Communist thug
9. Bulgaria's national motto is...
A. Unity makes strength
B. Divide and rule
C. Welcome to the Country of Roses
The correct answers:
1. - B; 2. - A; 3. - C; 4. - B; 5. - A; 6. - C; 7. - B; 8. - C; 9. - A