Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. What major historical event took place in September 1944?
A. Liberation from the Ottomans
B. Communist coup
C. Transition to democracy
2. The name of Sofia's neighbourhood Mladost means...
3. Where can you see a 295-metre-long Ottoman bridge?
4. Which town is famed for its plum rakiya?
5. Who was a notorious writer and poet?
A. Ivan Vazov
B. Georgi Dimitrov
C. Vladimir "The Master" Dimitrov
6. What is Square 500?
A. The National Polytechnic Museum
B. The Museum of Socialist Art
C. The National Art Gallery
7. Communist Bulgaria reverse-engineered...
8. For a spa vacation you go to...
A. Veliko Tarnovo
9. Bulgarians are proud of their...
A. White cheese
B. Blue cheese
C. Cottage cheese
The correct answers:
1. – B; 2. – A; 3. – C; 4. – B; 5. – A; 6. – C; 7. – A; 8. – C; 9. – A.