Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Where in Bulgaria can you see nestinari fire-walking?
A. In Shumen
B. In the Strandzha
C. In Stara Zagora
2. What does the Bulgarian phrase "To call the misery" mean?
A. To help yourself in a difficult situation
B. To wish your enemy something bad
C. To call for a cab at 2 am
3. Which is the second biggest city in Bulgaria?
4. What is the Bulgarian word for highschool graduates?
5. Which Bulgarian poet led an armed group of men to help the April Uprising in 1876?
A. Hristo Botev
B. Hristo Smirnenski
C. Hristo Fotev
6. Where are the springs of the Maritsa River?
A. In the Vitosha
B. In the Pirin
C. In the Rila
7. The gamza grape variety is typical for which part of Bulgaria?
A. The northwest
B. The southeast
C. The southwest
8. How did Bulgaria in the 2014 Eurovision song contest?
C. The country didn’t participate
9. What vegetable is not used in Shopska salad?
The correct answers: 1. – B; 2. – A; 3. – C; 4. – A; 5. – A; 6. – C; 7. – A; 8. – C; 9. – B.