Think you're savvy on Bulgarian current events? Take our test to doublecheck
1. 27 December is the name day of...
А. People named Stefan
B. People named Nikolay
C. People named Stoyan
2. What is the nickname of the "Businessman With the Golden Chains" who caused a scandal by buying and selling positions in the Bulgarian judicial system?
А. Grey Kosyo
B. Black Ventsi
C. Black Krasyo
3. What mark did Boyko Borisov give his government after 100 days in office?
4. Which city was declared "Best To Live in" in Bulgaria in 2009?
B. Stara Zagora
5. Where is the ski resort Pamporovo?
A. In the Balkan Mountain, or Stara Planina
B. In the Rhodope
C. In Pirin
6. What is special about the Bulgarian Christmas Eve dinner?
А. The number of meals must be even
B. Only vegetarian meals
C. The number of guests must be odd
7. Who is the new education minister?
A. Yordanka Fandakova
B. Sergey Ignatov
C. Tsvetan Tsvetanov
8. Who celebrates on 8 December?
A. School children
B. Scientists and laboratory workers
C. University students
9. Which mobile operator changed its name to Vivacom?
The correct answers:
1. A; 2. C; 3. C; 4. A; 5. B; 6. B; 7. B; 8. C; 9. A