Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Bulgaria ranks where in life expectancy in the EU?
2. Which of these doesn't grow in Bulgaria?
3. Which people is considered a constituent element of the Bulgarian nation?
4. Which of these rivers forms one of Bulgaria's borders?
A. The Timok
B. The Struma
C. The Yantra
5. How is the Cyrillic letter Я transliterated?
B. Long a
6. Which Bulgarian city has a monument of a Soviet soldier called Alyosha?
C. Veliko Tarnovo
7. Which place did the Bulgarian singer, Poli Genova, take on Eurovision 2016?
C. She didn't reach the finals
8. The speed limit on Bulgarian motorways is...
A. 120 km/h
B. 140 km/h
C. 130 km/h for ordinary cars, no limits for expensive ones
9. Where in Bulgaria can you see walking on fire?
A. In the Strandzha
B. In the Rhodope
C. In the Parliament
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – B; 2. – C; 3. – B; 4. – A; 5. – C; 6. – A; 7. – B; 8. – B; 9. – A.