Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Bulgaria was the first nation to...
A. Adopt Christianity as a state religion
B. Send a North Pole expedition
C. Adopt the Slavic alphabet in the church and administration
2. Where in Bulgaria can you visit a dolphinarium?
3. Bulgarians believe that seeing a white swallow brings...
C. Bad luck
4. Which of these checkpoints connects Bulgaria and Greece?
A. Kapitan Andreevo
5. Which Bulgarian mountain is the richest for native species?
A. The Strandzha
B. The Rhodope
C. The Pirin
6. Where was the old Sofia zoo?
A. Near the Soviet Army monument
B. On the site of modern NDK
C. By the Central Railway Station
7. The first factory in Bulgaria was opened in 1836, in...
8. What is ayryan?
A. A type of white cheese
B. A drink of fermented barley
C. A cold drink of yoghurt and water
9. Who was Todor Zhivkov?
A. A Bulgarian Communist dictator
B. A popular actor
C. A former chairman of the Bulgarian Olympic Committee
The correct answers:
1. - C; 2. - A; 3. - B; 4. - C; 5. - B; 6. - A; 7. - B; 8. - C; 9. - A.