Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Which river passes by Sofia?
A. The Iskar
B. The Danube
C. The Maritsa
2. Which Bulgarian tradition takes place on the morning of 1 July?
A. Slaughtering of home-bred pigs
B. Greeting the rising sun
C. Dancing barefoot in live coal
3. Which was the last project of Bulgaria-born artist Christo?
A. The Floating Piers
B. The London Mastaba
C. The Gates
4. This year the Bulgarian lev celebrates its...
A. 30th anniversary
B. 90th anniversary
C. 140th anniversary
5. Where in Bulgaria were the earliest Homo sapiens remains in Europe found?
A. Yellow brick road in Central Sofia
B. Rozhen area in the Rhodope
C. Bacho Kiro Cave
6. What cheese do you need for Shopska salad?
7. Which city was created from scratch under Communism?
8. Which mountain is also called Balkan?
A. The Rila
B. The Stara Planina
C. The Vitosha
9. Bulgaria has how many UNESCO World Heritage sites?
The correct answers:
1. – A; 2. – B; 3. – B; 4. – C; 5. – C; 6. – A; 7. – A; 8. – B; 9. – C.