WHICH MOUNTAIN DIVIDES BULGARIA NORTH TO SOUTH?
Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. In the Bulgarian national anthem, Bulgaria is compared to...
A. A blossoming garden
B. A heaven on earth
2. Which mountain divides Bulgaria north to south?
A. The Stara Planina
B. The Vitosha
C. The Rila
3. When in Bulgaria do people compete to catch a cross thrown in open waters?
A. On Epiphany, 6 January
B. On the Feast of St Anthony, 17 January
C. On the Feast of St Trifon, 1 February
4. Which Bulgarian king could drive a train?
A. King Simeon III
B. King Ferdinand
C. King Boris II
5. What is Bulgaria's latest entry to UNESCO's non-material heritage list?
A. The Martenitsa
B. The Surva Mummers Festival in Pernik
C. The rose oil production
6. The Karakachani are an ethnic group that speaks...
7. Bulgaria's second complete motorway is...
A. Hemus, to Varna
B. Struma, to the border with Greece
C. Maritsa, to the border with Turkey
8. Which of these cities doesn't originate in the Roman times?
A. Stara Zagora
9. Mavrud is a wine variety typical for...
A. Northern Bulgaria
B. Southern Bulgaria
C. The Black Sea region
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – B; 2. – A; 3. – A; 4. – C; 5. – B; 6. – A; 7. – C; 8. – C; 9. – B.
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg