Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Bulgarians celebrate their national day on...
A. 1 March
B. 3 March
C. 8 March
2. Who was the last Bulgarian king before the Ottomans invaded?
A. Ivan Asen II
B. Ivan Aleksandar
C. Ivan Shishman
3. Where in Bulgaria you can see a steppe landscape and ecosystem?
A. On the northern Black Sea coast
B. In Sofia Plain
C. In the Mesta Valley
4. Where is The Devil's Throat cave?
A. In the Strandzha
B. In the Stara Planina
C. In the Rhodope
5. Which frescoes are harbinger of Renaissance art, according to Bulgarians?
A. In St Aleksandar Nevsky Cathedral
B. In Rila Monastery
C. In Boyana Church
6. Which wine variety is typical for Bulgaria's Northwest?
A. Shiroka Melnishka
7. Which Bulgarian city is the heir to Roman Sexaginta Prista?
8. What is a staple of Bulgarian cuisine?
C. Strawberry jam
9. Bulgaria's head of state is the...
B. Prime Minister
C. Chief Prosecutor
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – B; 2. – C; 3. – A; 4. – C; 5. – C; 6. – B; 7. – A; 8. – B; 9. – A.