Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. September marks the 75th anniversary of...
A. The Communist coup in Bulgaria
B. Bulgarian independence
C. The Unification of Principality of Bulgaria and Eastern Roumelia
2. Which is Bulgaria's second largest city?
3. How many bridges connect Bulgaria and Romania?
4. Winston Churchill was a fan of which Bulgarian wine?
5. Which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site?
A. Rozhen Monastery
B. Belogradchik Rocks
C. Ivanovo Rock Churches
6. Which peak in Bulgaria was called Stalin in 1949-1962?
A. Vihren in the Pirin
B. Musala in the Rila
C. Botev in the Stara Planina
7. In which Bulgarian town lace based on Brussels motifs is being made?
C. General Toshevo
8. Bulgarians have invented a special device to…
A. Spot potholes on roads
B. Detect ripe watermelons
C. Roast peppers
9. Who was a prominent Bulgarian painter?
A. Lili Ivanova
B. Vladimir "Master" Dimitrov
C. John Atanasoff
The correct answers to the questions:
1. - A, 2. – С, 3. – C, 4. – A, 5. – C, 6. – B, 7. – A, 8. – C, 9. – B.